Thursday, May 10, 2012

Monster survey: 71% go to work sick - Boston Business Journal:

disqualify-sida.blogspot.com
Over a one week period beginning May 11 and runningf throughMay 18, nearly 12,00 0 U.S. visitors to Monster.com participated in the MonsterMeterf poll. Of those who go to work "33 percent fear losing theid job if they take asick day, while 38 percent admit their workload is too busy to take a day off from work even when they are said Norma Gaffin, director of career content at said in a statement. Only 19 percent of respondents say they stay home from work when sick in ordetr to rest up andget well. The remainintg 10 percent who avoid the workplacw when sick actually workfrom home, even thoug they’re ill. Do you go into work sick??
* Yes, work is too busy for me to missa day: 38% * Yes, in this I’m afraid I’ll lose my job: 33% * No, I work from home if I’ m sick: 10% * No, I rest up to get 19% “Whether it’s the sniffles or H1N1 Swine Flu a recent Associated Press report addressed the fact that sick or not, many workersz cannot afford to stay home when ill becaus e an estimated 57 million workingh Americans do not have paid sick Gaffin added.

No comments:

Post a Comment